Sunday, July 23, 2006

Charger

10/03/2006

As you know I swap cars every month, usually small Japanese POS, but they go fine.
However, Chrysler has surplus cars from 2005 and are selling them at a great discount.
So I am converting my rental allowance to a lease.
A loaded Jeep Wrangler is $19K.

However, when I went to pick it up there was some snafu in the paperwork and they cannot deliver for several more days.
But as an apology they gave me a loaner.
Other than being a four door (the original Charger was two door) it rocks.
5.7L Hemi, 350 BHP, 19” alloys, plus a serious duf duf sound system.

The drive thru the desert from Dubai to my apartment took 40 minutes the other night, as opposed to 70 minutes in the POS. Needless to say there are no radar spots on the road.

Technically the BMW 530 I was driving a while ago handles better on the curvy road, American heavy metal still does the straight and fast the best.

Oh well, back to the mundane of work and life in the dust.

Still in sand land,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home